- Searching for Image Results by Color – Wow! After all of these years, spending hours trying to find the right images for presentations, flyers, etc, I now know of this amazing feature. Filtering images by color allows one to find the right image with the perfect background for whatever your needs may be.
- Using Quotes to Search Complete Phrases – This is something I got out of the habit of doing, thinking it limited my results. But it is a great feature that allows you to search for a complete phrase by using double quotes to specify all the words need to stay together.
- Using OR to Combine Ideas – This utility is great, as I have always done separate searches until I obtain the results I am looking for. But this allows you to increase desirable results by combining two ideas into one search (ex. “vegan bakeries” OR “animal friendly bakeries”)
- Search by Image – This feature allows you to drop an unknown image into Google image search, and it will find any related images on the web. This is super cool, as it can help to find the origin of where this picture may have been taken, where the image came from, or what the item in the photo is.
- Advanced Search UI – This feature is great for those of us who are not as Google savvy as others.
By clicking on “Settings,” then “Advanced Search,” it allows you to narrow your search down using specific search bars in order to get optimum results without using quotes, etc. It then enables you to narrow those results down even further (ex. language, site, etc)